Launch That Business
Launch That Business Starting Feb. 15th!
Equipping Entrepreneurs with what they need to Launch and Thrive
Accelerate your entrepreneurial journey with our 10-week "Fast Track" business course tailored for micro entities, including home-based or small businesses. This program equips entrepreneurs with practical steps to register their businesses, transforming them into legal entities, and provides valuable tips and tools for ongoing business maintenance.
Throughout the course, participants will attend weekly classes, engage in assignments, and receive personalized mentorship from an SBDC Small Business Advisor, ensuring they're well-guided in their journey to open or expand a business.
Classes meet for 1-2 hours weekly, with the first hour dedicated to targeted lessons covering different practical topics. The second hour allows participants to work on assignments, meet with mentors/advisors, and address any questions. The course offers flexibility with your preferred learning mode: in-person, virtual, or a hybrid approach, tailored to your needs and resource availability.
Ready to turn your business dreams into reality? Join 'Launch That Business' and fast-track your way to entrepreneurial success! For event details, call 618-536-2424.
In-person location to be held at 1740 Innovation Dr, Carbondale. Times for next cohort Feb. 15, 2024
Ideal candidates for this course
- Operate a business but haven't registered with the state yet.
- Have a business concept and are prepared to register as an LLC or establish as a Sole Proprietor.
- Recently initiated their LLC but require guidance on the subsequent steps.
- Have a product or service-based business.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old or attend the course with a parent or guardian who will register the business in their name.
- Participants must have a business idea or an existing business
- Those interested in this program will complete an online application
- Complete a feasibility checklist. Participants do not need to know all the answers to these questions yet, the idea is that they have begun to think about these items. This can be completed with the assistance of an SBDC advisor.
Those who meet the criteria will be selected for an interview (those who don't will be referred for one on one counseling)
Applicant must make satisfactory progress to receive credit for this course. This includes:
- Attending all sessions or making arrangements to get missed information to complete assignments
- Complete all assigned tasks by completion of the program.
- Week 1 - Planning
- Week 2 - Formation
- Week 3 - Financials
- Week 4 - Organization
- Week 5 - On the Web
- Week 6 - Marketing and Branding
- Week 7 - Pitches
- Week 8 - Business Etiquette
- Week 9 - Business Tools
- Week 10 - Program Wrap UP
Spring Session - Open for applications
- Deadline to apply for the next cohort is January 30th, 2024
- Class starts February 15th, 2024