Technology and Product Development Services
The Technology, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship Specialty (TIES) staff helps entrepreneurs and small businesses commercialize new ideas into innovative products, services, and business models. Client projects range from
TIES staff engage clients in multiple ways. Staff provides one-on-one business advice to clients, team up with other SBDC staff to assist clients, and refer clients to other service providers. These providers may
TIES staff provide services and training to help clients:
- Assess the product, service, and/or business model concepts; including
go/no-go” analysis. “
- Pursue early stage product development and access prototyping labs.
- Evaluate intellectual property strategies; including patent filings.
capital. early stage
- Conduct customer & market research.
- Develop business models and plans.
- Network with other companies and individuals as possible collaborators, customers, investors, partners, and vendors.
- Pursue federal research and development funding opportunities through programs like SBIR/STTR.